BASIC- Apprenticeship Course Application
Funded by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, Signatory Contractors through the Terrazzo, Tile & Marble Guild of Ontario, Inc. and Unionized Tradespeople of Brick and Allied Craft Union of Canada.
All Courses Run Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Max. file size: 100 MB.
Drop files here or
Please upload a copy of your Education Certificate.
If answered "other" above please specify
Trade Experience ("Trade" refers to terrazzo, tile, marble & natural stone)
Other Job Experience
Applicants should be aware that the nature of this work requires that they are physically fit and able to perform repeated lifting. For some people, repeated lifting can result in strain to the lower back. The physical demands of this work should be carefully considered. For example, such work would not be appropriate for a person suffering from back problems.
Applicants must also consider their ability to perform the duties of this work, which may often require working at heights or on a scaffold. For those persons who are afraid or uncomfortable working at heights, such an occupation may not be realistic.
If accepted to the Trade School, you will be required to provide health related information that will be held in strict confidence. The Trade School will not be held liable for pre-existing medical conditions that were not disclosed prior to acceptance and affect your performance.
General Information - Trade School
1. The completed Application Form, including "Rules and Regulations" (see below)
2. If you are selected to enter the training program, you will be advised by letter or telephone regarding the starting date, time and location.
3. Tuition Fees are payable on the first day of training and are not refundable.
4. The Terrazzo, Tile & Marble Trade School is located on a TTC bus route. Applicants are responsible or their own transportation including during on-the-job placement that may not be accessible by public transportation.
If my application is accepted, I agree to comply with all rules and regulations of the program and to listen, learn and not be abusive or become involved with drugs and/or alcohol during my training period. It is understood that non-compliance with any of the above may result in my removal from the training course.
It is the responsibility of the student to provide a lock for his/her locker. TTMTS will not be responsible for loss or theft on Trade School premises. The student assumes all liability for his/her personal property.
If accepted as a student of the Terrazzo, Tile & Marble Trade School, Inc. I agree to provide my Social Insurance Number and authorize it's use for tax reporting, identification and record keeping.
Basic Course + College of Trade fee: 9 weeks, 360 hours, $400 + $70 + $25
RULES AND REGULATIONS - ALL APPLICANTS MUST READ AND SIGN
1. Class hours are Monday to Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
2. Coffee and lunch breaks are scheduled as follows: 15 minutes break at 10:30 a.m., 30 minute lunch break at 12:00 p.m. and 15 minute break at 3:00 p.m.
3. Proper attire must be supplied by the student and worn at all times during school hours, including safety boots, work clothes, safety glasses and safety helmet and safety vests.
4. Sleeveless T-shirts and short pants are unacceptable.
5. Participation in class exercises will NOT be allowed if ALL proper safety equipment is not being worn.
6. Poor attendance and/or late arrival may result in dismissal:
Absence without notification and reasonable cause:
1st infraction: Verbal Warning
2nd infraction: Written Warning
3rd infraction: Dismissal
7. Hours accumulated for in class participation will not be validated for any student who has been expelled, dismissed or who has not completed the course.
8. School administration must be notified 48 hours prior to absence for any dental or medical appointments. Documentation MUST be provided.
9. Skipping of classes may result in your dismissal
10. Completion of the course(s) will not guarantee employment placement or acceptance into the union.
11. School premises are deemed a NON-smoking area.
12. All work projects completed by students are the property of the Trade School.
13. All theory class i.e - WHMIS, Fall Protection, First Aid, Blueprint Reading and Math ARE MANDATORY. Skipping these classes may result in your dismissal or failure.
14. Homework assignments must be completed and submitted no later than Friday of the following week. Failure to complete all homework assignments may result in failure of course.
15. Apprentice log books must be completed and submitted every Friday by 4:00 p.m.
16. Cell phones, i-pods, music players, cameras or any other form of media players are NOT allowed during school hours.
17. Course payment is due on the first day or training.
18. There are no refunds on course fees.
Refundable Application Fee
A fully refundable $25.00 Application Fee is payable online when the completed Application is submitted. If the applicant is interviewed and accepted, the $25 fee is credited to the individual's Trade School tuition. Should the applicant not be accepted, the $25 fee will be fully refunded and mailed directly to the applicant. If the applicant fails to attend the scheduled interview, the $25 fee is forfeited and applied to TTMTS for administrative costs. There is also a $70.00 College of Trade Fee when you are approved to join the school.
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE RULES AND REGULATIONS AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY THEM WHILE ON THE SCHOOL PREMISSES.